NO BAKE PIE WITH STRAWBERRY MILKSHAKE
Recipe by: @cookiesandsweetsbysimona
Number of servings:about 8-10 pieces
Time: about 20-30 minutes + time in the fridge
Ingredients Pie Shell:
2 ½ dl almond flour
1 ½ dl oatmeal
15 pitted dates
2 tablespoons coconut fat or nut butter
½ teaspoon vanilla
450 ml Barebells Strawberry Milkshake
2 tablespoons of maize flour
1 ½ teaspoon gelatin (replace it with 2 1/2 teaspoons Agar-agar for vegetarian option)
½ teaspoon vanilla paste
Fresh strawberries and chopped almonds, etc. for garnish
1. Butter a springform cake tin (approx. 24 cm) with a detachable bottom, set aside.
2. Mix almond flour, oatmeal, dates and coconut fat in the food processor, until it resembles wet sand.
3. Take the pastry into the springform cake tin, don’t forget the edges of the cake tin. Set in the freezer until you are done with the filling.
4. Mix gelatin powder with a little cold water and allow to swell/rest for about 5 minutes.
5. In a saucepan, mix the milkshake and the maize flour. Using the stove, boil on medium heat, stirring occasionally.
6. Boil and then simmer for about 1 minute. Stir all the time so that it doesn’t stick to the bottom of the saucepan.
7. Heat the gelatin in a microwave for a few seconds until it melts. Whisk it in the filling and remove from the stove.
8. Pour the filling into the pie shell.
9. To help get rid of air bubbles, tap the pan on the counter a few times after filling it with batter.
10. Put the pie in the fridge for at least 4 hours, preferably overnight. Garnish before serving.