Jenni’s Pumpkin Spiced White Chocolate Almond Barebells Blondies!
150g Coconut Margarine
3 Large Eggs
250g Coconut Nectar
250g Coconut Flour
1 tsp Baking Powder
1kg Fresh Pumpkin Chunks
3 x Barebells White Chocolate Almond Protein Bar
Optional for Icing:
White Chocolate Chunks
200g Icing Sugar
100g Butter or margarine
100g Cream Cheese
1 tbsp Vanilla Essence
To Make The Pumpkin Puree:
1. Preheat your oven to 180 °C
2. Place your fresh pumpkin chunks on a baking tray, spray with olive oil and sprinkle with cinnamon and ginger.
3. Bake for 25 mins, until soft.
4. Add to mixing bowl with 1 tablespoon of vanilla essence and puree with a potato masher or hand blender.
To Make The Blondie Mix:
1. Keep oven on 180 °C.
2. In a bowl add the eggs, coconut nectar and sugar then whisk until thick and foamy.
3. In a separate pan melt the butter and add 1 tbsp of vanilla essence.
4. Add the butter mixture to the egg mixture and fold in using a spatula.
5. Sieve the flour and baking powder into the mixture along with cinnamon and ginger to taste. For a subtle flavour I recommend 1 teaspoon of each, if you want your blondies a bit more fiery then add 2 of each!
6. Fold the flour mixture in and pour into a greased baking tray.
7. Chop the Barebells bars into 6 pieces each and place into the mixture, avoiding the edges and pushing down into the mixture to avoid burning.
8. Bake for 30 – 35 Minutes. If the top begins to brown then you can turn down the temperature of your oven.
9. If you want and extra Halloween treat then you can add a cream cheese frosting with some white chocolate chunks!