Barebells Hazelnut & Nougat Millionaire Shortbreads
Photo cred: @sarahshealthybakes
Ingredients for the base:
180g ground almonds
40g coconut oil
30ml maple syrup
Ingredients for the caramel:
1 can condensed milk
50g coconut oil
40ml maple syrup
2 x Hazelnut & Nougat Bars
Ingredients for the topping:
100g milk chocolate
40g hazelnut butter
50g white chocolate
1. To make the base simply melt the coconut oil and combine with the maple syrup and ground almonds, press into the baking tin.
2. Cook in the oven at 180ºC for 15 mins until golden. Put aside to cool.
3. To make the caramel combine all ingredients except the Barebells bars. Heat in a saucepan over a medium heat on the hob and bring to the boil for 5-10 mins until thickened and golden. Allow to cool completely.
4. Cut up the Barebells Hazelnut & Nougat bars into small squares and stir into the cooled caramel.
5. Cover the base with the Barebells & caramel mixture and allow to set in the fridge until firm.
6. Melt the milk chocolate then stir in the hazelnut butter. Pour over the top of the caramel layer to cover.
7. Optional- melt the white chocolate and drizzle with a spoon to make equally spaced vertical lines along the length of the milk chocolate 8. topping. Use a knife/skewer to create a design in the top by scoring the topping width ways up and down.